Sunday 25 April 2010

The Weeks Goings Ons

I ended up calling the job people on the Tuesday as I still hadn't received a 'rejection' letter from them! I had to leave a message for the relevant woman who TEXT me at 9:00 on the Wednesday to inform me that they 'couldn't offer me the job'. It said they all thought it was a fantastic interview and they wished they had another position to offer me. All very suspect. I wonder if they already had someone lined up for it but that feels arrogant. I don't know, it was all a bit odd. To find out five days late and via text message n all! In addition the text said that if I wanted more detailed feedback to give them a call so I did and left another message and yet again haven't heard back! Unbelievable really. Friends have suggested perhaps I wouldn't want to work for an organisation of monkeys but I can't believe they are just genuine monkeys; I am sure there was something else going on...! Anyway, I have got my head down in my job and I am almost pleased that I can spend the summer doing a job I know like the back of my hand rather than learning a new one.

The garden hasn't come on much since I last wrote but I am just pleased that it looks better. We got the last bit of compost today so we can fill all of the raised beds and plant the (literally) hundreds of plants Dale has potted. ALL of the veggies are growing which is fabulous! We had some rain last night - amazingly the first lot in a while and I reckon the plants are loving it because even the slow-coach-carrots are showing willing. Listen to me; Charlie Dimmock eat ya heart out!

We have acquired a cat since I last wrote! In our pevious flat we looked after a neighbour's cat for 3 weeks whilst they were on holiday and they asked us if we wanted him because we were moving to a better area - PLUS they didn't let him on the bed OR the sofa and we did so he would be much happier with us. Dale was not 'appy at the prospect! The puss is 11 years old and could therefore start costing us money in the near future. But then a cat pooed in his veggie patch and one suggestion to prevent this happening again was to get a cat so we had one within the hour! He is called Bladel-Strudel! HAHAHA; he is called Blade but Dale and I have an obsession with strange names and Bladel-Strudel is his new name. Only every time I explain this it reminds me of my super-cool brother saying 'BLAYYYYYYYYDEL-STRUDEL?' in an 'ARE YOU FUCKING MAD?' voice back along! Part of the reason I was so keen to keep Bladel was because my dad liked him - or more pertinently Bladel liked my dad. Bladel curled round his feet and my dad picked him up and because Bladel didn't bite him or anything my dad went a bit soft and clearly thought he was special. It touched me a little bit! HAHA.

We tested the beer yesterday but it's not ready yet apparently. Tested the density that is, not the taste. It actually smelt like beer (I don't know what I was thinking it would smell like but not beer as I am skeptical that it will work) but I am not too keen to try it really. I will though. After Dale has tried it! We could be the next home brew casualties - watch this space!

We haven't handed in our notice in the shop yet. We are still in debate over who will do it because neither of us want to! We have to do it soon though or we will have to pay yet another month's rent! Grrrr.

My mate Jess is still in Sri Lanka and doesn't come back til the 5th of May! I have plenty of friends but they're all good for different things and Jess is my only all rounder really! I text her with a bit of gossip the other day and she loved it in the way I knew she would - just like I did! I can't wait for her to come back because I need a lighthearted girlie beery night out!

Sally came round today with her two gorgeous adoptees! They are lush but I spent most of the time concerned for the amount of strawberry milkshake they were spilling and it made me wonder if I am cut out for children! HAHA. I do despise the whole 'are you sure you want them? they're hard work' thing though - NO SHIT?! I have three websites, my own freelance admin business, a shop, a clothing range, I'm doing a writing course AND I have a full time job; I work harder than most people - ANYONE - I know, I'm not adverse to a bit of hard work and I'm not thick! It's like people saying you're not cut out to be a mum, which is a huge insult if you consider all those Jeremy Kyle chavs and their DNA tests! Anyway, enough of that rant - don't know where that came from!

Dale has applied for two jobs and has an interview tomorrow! I am so excited for him. He is busy baking at the moment because one of the jobs is at the bakery so he is trying to impress! He's making bread and profiteroles! So I will have to resist eating them....!

Today has been the most embarrassing day ever... the house we have moved to is near to one of my big bosses and I bumped into him several times today which made me feel like a stalker! I'm not sure why because I can't help it that he happens to live near me. But on one occasion Dale was doing a stupid dance and another time I was singing Eze E, which trust me is not something you want your boss to hear you singing. I am very very very keen to keep business and pleasure separate and cannot appear to do anything but act extremely inappropriately when the two involuntarily collide. I can't help it; I just act like a fucking numpty. Then Dale rang up the bakery regarding the job and got his words confused and sounded like a retard! Dale muttered 'so embarrassing' and I said 'which bit?!' and he said 'all of it, I wish I'd never got up today!' TOO TRUE! He suggested going out for a beer tonight but I have said we must stay in to avoid further embarrassment! I've spent all day cringing! We think it's because we expected it to be sunny today and therefore have endless options of things to do on our only day off together. As the weather's been shit we're a little 'thrown' and can't stop making fools of ourselves.

On Thursday we went to Miranda and Simon's for Scrabble. I love my boyfriend so much. How many people will listen to Eze E one moment and play Scrabble the next? Bake cakes, play guitar and pot plants one minute and get rendered and pinch cauliflowers from fields the next? He's the complicated mix of character traits I am and ahhhh I love him. Anyway. Scrabble with Miranda and Simon has added appeal because both Dale and Miranda are dyslexic and it's really really funny! Dale was winning up until the end and then Simon scored like 75 or something ridiculous in one go and won - very annoying! He won the second game too - RAAAAA. We are all quite well matched at Scrabble though and I really enjoy it! That may make me very sad but it's a great way to enjoy a catch up and a few beers and some decent music (joy division, the jayhawks and chris isaac on this occasion). Simon's like a walking dictionary and has a much better vocabulary than the rest of us but we are all quite good tactically and hold our own! How very boring for you! 'You'... that still makes me laugh! My adoring public! HAHAHA.

Anyway, we talked quite a lot about sex and the changes that happen when you've been with someone for ages, which I won't go into because although I'm relatively happy to embarrass myself (may as well end the day as it started!) I better not embarrass anyone else! However it was a hysterical conversation and made me laugh very, very much. Miranda also told me some gossip and showed me close up photo's of a very fat person which entertained me greatly too. Especially as Simon said he felt sorry for the person in question - until that is he saw the photo and then his sympathy dwindled and shot right through 'pity' into pure distaste!

I think this has pretty much summed up our week. We were toying with the idea of inviting people round for a wii night tonight but we haven't yet as we often sign ourselves up to doing this type of thing and then regret it, favouring 'fuck all' as an activity. We like doing fuck all. Well I do anyway. My idea of fuck all is reading a book, watching telly, writing my blog. Dale hasn't got the hang of 'doing nothing' and is one of those weird people who get 'bored'. Boredom is a concept I've never really understood; if you begin to get bored you do something - or do something else surely? Anyway, my chilli and rice and fresh bread awaits me. Bye bye Atkins diet; I shall not miss you x

No comments:

Post a Comment