Monday 19 April 2010

Inevitable Letter

STILL nothing! It's Monday and still nothing. I have realised why though. I think. I am assuming I didn't get the job and they are sending me a letter to tell me I didn't get the job and I just haven't received it yet! Pretty rubbish way to find out - or not find out as the case has so far been. I could be wrong; perhaps they've lost my application form and have no way of contacting me until I contact them and they are hoping and praying I get in touch because they are desperate for me to work for them. HAHA. So I am guessing tomorrow I will confirm receipt of this inevitable letter and I will of course let 'you' know! On a plus side the quantity of people asking me about it has thankfully dwindled and I can go back to my ACTUAL job tomorrow... :-/

Since I last wrote Dale and I have been working on the garden. I painted all three walls white. They are breeze block walls so hard to paint and my hands and fingers are aching but the garden looks amazing. Dale has made raised beds and once we've got our hands on several tonnes of compost we'll be good to go. We have beans, peas, radishes, spinach, cucumber, multi-coloured carrots, melons, parsnips, chilli's, aubergine, cauliflower, broccoli, onions and sunflowers on the go already! One of the sunflowers has come through since this morning to my absolutely amazement - because I'm such a novice. I cannot wait until we can 'reap what we sow'! Dale also made a plinth for the barbecue that Apple gave us and the whole garden is looking fabulous. It looks so much bigger with the walls painted white! I can't wait to have barbies!

Yesterday, our two year anniversary, we spent most of the day on the garden and then made our way (late as usual) to our mate's house, who has moved to Seaton, near Looe. We had a brief conversation regarding borrowing the sat nav from Dale's parents and Dale convinced me we didn't need it even though I knew he didn't know where Looe was and I told him several times that I had no idea where Looe was. Well this was reiterated after a lovely coastal drive up the Atlantic Highway. Nearing a sign for Bideford I suggested to Dale that we could have made a wrong turn somewhere. Dale asked why and I replied 'because Bideford's in Devon' as in the wrong county. Luckily we both thought this was hilarious - we're easily entertained. So then I looked up Looe on my phone and announced 'You're never gonna believe this... we're on the wrong fucking coast!' More hilarity and then a cross country jaunt to somewhere near where we were supposed to be. With the petrol light on. What fun. Once on the right road we missed a turning and had to do a bit more cross country jaunting and giggling at how thick we were proving ourselves to be.

We eventually reached Annie's, starving. Gorgeous house n all but that's for her to tell. Seaton on the other hand - there is actually NOTHING to tell of Seaton. I have never seen such a desolate place. Apart from Lynton. Or Lynmouth. Whichever one it was. That was another Atlantic Highway Horror trip, one that ended in hairpin bends, a misplaced childhood memory and an anti climax - but as usual we made the best of it. Anyway, that's another story. Seaton; a closed pub, a closed cafe, a skanky 'restaurant' with huge Liberal Democrat signs all over it, grey sand and a flooded field. Still, we had a nice meal in the next village by which time a scabby horse would have met with 'nice' and then returned to chez Annie for a catch up which bored poor Dale senseless. It was lovely to see Annie and new pad though and you'll be pleased to hear the journey home was not 3 and a half hours long.

Today we made beer, which we have been wanting to do since Dale's auntie and uncle bought us the kit for Christmas. We needed a big bucket and finally found the exact thing in Tesco yesterday of all places. We had a row because Dale wouldn't follow the instructions! How cliched! So I am doubtful that the beer will work but we live in hope! Imagine that, our own beer! Our barbies could be the best in the county - our own beer and our own veggies! All we need now are a couple of weaners to fatten up in the field we've been eyeing up opposite the house and we need never venture to the shop again! Almost.

Talking of shops... we're thinking of giving up rental of our little shop. I'm a bit bored of STRIVING. Plus we got the shop when we lived in a tiny flat and needed room. Now we live in a bigger house we have the room and neither of us are best pleased at the prospect of spending our days off holed up in the shop. Rubbish eh. We are rubbish. It felt like failure at first but who are we trying to show success to?! None of our mates will blame us for giving it up. And we could have it again, and next time we would take it on nearer to summer so that we could see some benefit from it. Who am I trying to convince...?

Anyway that's just about all from today - oh apart from the fact that I had a text from my bestest mate who's stuck in Sri Lanka following the volcano incident. I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing to be stuck on holiday. I guess the fact that your insurance wouldn't cover it would put a dampner on things! And if you'd overspent on your holiday anyway... but at present I can think of nothing better than being stranded in a foreign country...

After two days with my gorgeous boyfriend it's back to reality tomorrow. Hmmph. I could spend every minute of every day with Dale, I really could. We have so much fun together - he is brilliant. Just now he made me laugh hysterically with a mouth full of pasta about his nan falling over! I know! That really shouldn't be funny! Ahhh, I am a lucky girl x

No comments:

Post a Comment